My second favorite oil is Lavender. (Lavender Angustifolia) is the most versatile of all the essential oils. Therapeutic-grade lavender has been highly regarded for the skin. Lavender has been clinically evaluated for its relaxing effects. It may be used to cleanse cuts, bruises and skin irritations. The fragrance is calming, relaxing and balancing-physically and emotionally.
Here are examples of the many uses of Lavender.
1. Rubbing Lavender oil on the feet may cause a calming effect on the body.
2. Rubbing a drop of Lavender oil on your palms and smoothed on you pillow may help you sleep.
3. Putting a drop of Lavender oil on the bee sting or insect bite may soothe itching, stinging, and discomfort.
4. Putting 2-3 drops of Lavender oil may soothe a minor burn.
5. Dropping Lavender oil may soothe a cut.
6. Mixing several drops of Lavender oil with vegetable mixing oil and used topically may be soothing to skin irritations.
7. Possible help in alleviating the symptoms of motion sickness is to place a drop of Lavender oil on the end of the tongue or around the naval or behind the ears.
8. Rubbing a drop of Lavender oil over the bridge of the nose may help unblock tear ducts.
9. Rubbing Lavender oil on dry or chapped skin may bring relief.
10. Rubbing a drop of Lavender oil on chapped or sunburn lips may help discomfort.
11. Possible help in reducing and/or minimizing the appearance of scar tissue may be to try massaging Lavender oil on and around the area.
12. Rubbing 2-4 drops of Lavender oil over the armpit area may help act as a deodorant.
13. Rubbing a drop of Lavender oil between your palms and inhaling deeply may help in alleviating the discomfort of air borne pollen and/or dust.
14. Rubbing several drops of Lavender oil into the scalp may help with flaking.
15. Placing a few drops of Lavender oil on a cotton ball and placing in your linen closet to scent the linens and may help repel moths.
16. Placing a drop of Lavender oil in your water fountain may help to scent the air, help sanitize and prolong the time between cleanings.
17. Placing a few drops of Lavender oil on a wet cloth and throwing into the dryer, may help to deodorize and freshen your laundry.
18. Diffusing Lavender oil may support the body's natural defenses against air borne sensitivities to the skin and immune system.
19. Spritzing several drops of Lavender oil mixed with distilled water on a sunburn may help soothe it.
20. Dropping Lavender oil on a cut may help clean the wound, sanitize and soothe it.
21. Applying 2-3 drops of Lavender oil to a rash may help and soothe the skin.